Sometimes people feel awkward asking questions or explaining how they’re feeling to health care providers. But offering information will help them help you. Here are some tips:
- Explain any symptoms in detail.
- Make a list of questions in advance.
- Inquire about any health screenings and tests you’ll need based on gender, age, behavior, or health condition.
- Find out if you’re up-to-date with immunizations.
- Ask for suggestions to maintain your health while in school.
- Discuss treatment options and their pros and cons.